Our company name is synonymous with accountability and integrity within the association management vendor and client community. With over 16 years of experience in association property management, we use our knowledge to help board members deal with challenges in a cost-effective way and make a positive impact in the communities we manage. The success of each board member is important to us and we provide various tools for success such as board training, blogs and podcasts with industry specific education and tips. Our processes incorporate the latest technology for ease-of-use. We are eager to listen and ready to customize your needs for mutual success.
Key: Proven Leader, High Standards
Board training. We believe knowledge is power for helping board members reach their goals.
- The first step is board training, which is provided by Key Community Management at no charge and is offered every year.
- The training is conducted by Diana Kennedy, Director of the Legal Resources Department, with nearly 20 years of experience as a paralegal in the community association legal industry.
- Diana takes great pride in assisting HOAs with a variety of operational and legal matters including CCR & bylaw document review. A confident and knowledgeable board is a successful board!
Violation Enforcement. Communities want violators brought into compliance quickly. To do that the community manager must be in control of the complete violation process. This includes:
- Onsite inspections, compliance letter mailings, and if not resolved, prepare hearing notices and hearing result letters.
- If an owner incurs a violation fine, this is documented on their account and a statement is mailed.
- We do two site inspections a month and email board members the inspection report for their review monthly.
A/R Management. We offer an aggressive and consistent process.
- We mail two letters to a delinquent owner allowing 45 days after the due date to pay, along with the use of a payment plan.
Above all, we are extremely professional and diplomatic.
- We understand that collecting money involves extensive knowledge of HOA collection parameters based on state law and your Covenants, coupled with the ability to persuade debtors to pay with minimal added costs to them.
- We partner with law firms specializing in HOA law to place liens and follow the legal collection process once turned over to their office for resolution.
Key: Using the Latest Technology and Transparent Financial Processing
Administrative process. We utilize association specific technology to provide transparent banking and bill paying processes saving time and money.
- Annual assessment payment mailed to lockbox then downloaded to our software.
- Option to pay assessments online.
- Secured codes for boards to view all account activity in real time.
- Local bank representative available to meet with board members.
- Availability to apply for association loans.
Professional Community Management Software
- Full web-based platform for community association management.
- Data is stored in the cloud so it can be accessed anytime, anywhere, on any device.
- The software is networked for a full accounting system, check printing, bank reconciliation.
- Board members have read only access to their community financials.
- Owner portal is available, providing current balance, payment history, view violation photo and the ability to pay dues.
On-line vendor bill payments
- Payables lockbox system is a web based invoice processing system which allows board members to review invoices before paying.
- Provides transparency and storage of invoices for seven years.
- We work with a document solution company in North Carolina that processes our mass mailings in a web based application, saving time and labor costs allowing us more time to work with boards and homeowners.
Transfer of community documents
- Once a decision is made to work with Key Community Management, we handle the entire transfer of information, money, reserve accounts, beginning balances, hard copy files and electronic files from your current management company or self-management system.Up to $250,000 in deposits are FDIC insured with our bank for each account.